Sunday, June 4, 2023

Chapter 5.2 - February 2022 - Frozen greenhouse?




Poor Agathi is found crying in the bathroom because she is no longer friends with Ramger, after she denied his flirting at the party Baturney held last month...



Yeah, it sucks to lose a friend, but chin up! Give it some time, and I'm sure you can become friends again... Looks like the horror and crime novelist has a soft spot...



..and it looks like Ramger thinks he can make money by playing guitar outside their house in the middle of the night. Sim logic. ;)



When morning comes, and Baturney is in the bath, I switch by the Chitrakaar-Bråheim household. Bodil is of course on her way to school and Gaute is already at work, since he starts his shift so early.



Leya is inside, placing Orinder in the crib in the living room, that was there since their christmas party. “It is so convenient to have an extra crib here” she says, “then I can always keep the baby close to me.”



“And when he grows up, I hope he will be just as fond of music as I am. Its best to start early!” she says as she whips out her guitar to play the blues.



Which brings me to another musician friend of ours, Solvej. Where are you going?
    “I'm going to Harbor Park” she says.
    Aha.. and you're going to walk all the way over there?
    “Yeah, what about it? I like a good walk.”
    No, I'm just thinking you might get a little cold... that you might do with some warmer clothing..


“Oh, don't you worry. I've been out in winter weather before.. this is nothing!”

Alright, then.. I'll check back on you once you have made it to the park...



Back in the Jiggens-Flansbarne house Agathi is making sure that Ruben gets his morning milk, before she thinks she can get some more sleep.. but Iselin is crying because she needs her company, so nope...





I locate Solvej, she has now made it to just outside the library. Bet she is gloating now, because the all the snow has melted in record time!



“I knew this would happen.. see, no problem!” she says, as she walks on.. ...and is nearly ran over by this orange car. It manages to sverve around her just in time!



The driver of the car is Anne-Gerd Jørgensen, and in the backseat is Kari Slettemoen, both of them are colleagues of Leya and Solvej. The other passanger, Dimitov Slettemoen is married to Kari, and a colleague of Patrik. I tell Anne-Gerd to watch it, and ask where she could be going in such a hurry.



"We're going to the Youth House of Science” she says. “I found some strange looking beetles in our kitchen yesterday, and I want to take samples of them”.

Alright, you go and do that... just try to drive a little more carefully! You almost found yourself guilty of double manslaughter...

Solvej walks on and makes it to the park in one piece, while Agathi sits down to write her next chapter on her novel, “The Zombie Kitchen”.



Agathi:
In this chapter, Natalie is pushed by an unseen demonic force towards an open ovens door, so that she catches fire! Say what? An unseen demonic force?

Agathi:
Yes! But this is only the beginning! Now don't disturb me, I have to write! Ok, ok.. I'll leave you alone...



Alright, Solvej, now all of a sudden you got into your car.. where are you going now?

Solvej:
I'm going home... to my garden. I have to look after my plants now that the snow has melted.




Solvej:
Oh, well... they are still frozen... I'm gonna have to look at how I built that greenhouse.. They shouldn't be frozen.. Can you believe that it even snowed inside of it!?



As she enters her home lot, it starts to rain and Patrik comes out.
Patrik:
Hi darling, lets go have som fun at the disco tonight..  Mmm, and when we get home I'll eat you up with parsley sauce and potatoes!

Solvej:
Hahaha, Patrik.. what is that supposed to mean!?



Solvej:
This is my favorite part of the year, now that the sun is returning more and more each day, don't you think?



Patrik:
Oh, definitely.. perfect time to do some spring cleaning.... in the bedroom!

Riight.. think I'll leave these two alone for a while...



Leya is still playing the blues for Orinder, but I don't think he's enjoying it all that much anymore...



Then it is time for Agathi to go to work. Gaute should be finished working by now, so I check where he is.



He just exited the store, and went around the corner to sit on a bench next to a couple of strangers...





Baturney is home from work, and he has a wish to talk to Gaute, so why not invite him over?

“Good idea” he says, before getting his phone out.



And then I get this message... huh, what? Grønnåkerveien 15 (Greenacre road 15).. that's Solvejs home. Did he just buy it to rent it out to them? What? I didn't know my sims could do that...



So this guy, Kabelo Gundersen, is a landlord now.. interesting. Solvej is right in front of him, going shopping, so I guess they just finished the deal..



Anyway... Gaute has now come over to visit Baturney, and Baturney has sat down to play with one of Rubens toys..
Baturney has always been a little childish. When he was a teenager, he wasn't to interested in the circus animals. He would much rather take on the role of playing as a clown, and thats how he started his career. He eventually took over the role as the circus director when his father, Listoof Flansbarne, retired from the business.



Gaute is really good with children, but he does not have the family oriented trait. So I wonder why? :P While Baturney is sitting in the living room being childish, Gaute functions as a baby sitter and takes care of his children!



“This is how I learned to take care of children” says Gaute. “My mom, Leonora, was always so good to me and my two older siblings. Dole Plains (Dølasletta) was a very good place for us to grow up... and I want every child to experience the same thing.”


E
ven Agathi with the evil personality trait is a better parent than Baturney...



Gaute and Baturney discuss politics. This year is election year where the citizens of Simbria will cast their votes in october, and politicans, such as Baturney, should already be busy with their election campaign. During the last election in 2018 the “blue block” parties won for their second period, and the citizens of Simbria might want a change of direction come this years election...

2018 Election Results inside spoiler:





While Gaute is at home with Baturney and his kids to discuss politcs, I locate Bodil at Harbor Park, about to do her homework... and everyone keeps thinking about swimming pools... Bodils mother Leya is at work along with Solvej and Agathi.





Gaute has always been a nature and outdoors enthusiast, and thinks politicians should do more to preserve forests and wildlife. He is considering voting for The Greens this year, and wants to know if the Labour Party, which Baturney represents, have any plans for taking care of nature.



“Oh, we have good plans for both nature and animal rights” says Baturney, “but people also need jobs.”

It wasn't excactly the answer Gaute had hoped for, and certainly wouldn't convince him to change his vote.

”I think I will stick with what I have already decided” Gaute says, though he is still juggling alternatives. His other alternative is to vote for the Central Party, which is mostly an agrarianist party.





Baturney finally understands that he has to feed Iselin, and puts her in her crib to sleep.



Gaute turn off the tv, and goes to pick up Ruben to tickle him, which breaks the tv, so Baturney has to call for a repair man.



I check up on Bodil, and she is going out to visit the Harbor Art Gallery. “I know its almost bedtime, but mommy and daddy isn't at home, and our babysitter is a nobody, so I can do what I want...”





She is a true Chitrakaar, that girl. ;)



Agathi came home from work, dead tired. Both her and Baturney went to sleep.



Gaute is still there, though, being the perfect babysitter for their children!



“This garden gnome is the most beatiful thing I have ever seen!”



Bodils mother, Leya, is putting Orinder in the crib downstairs to draw another sketch.





Patrik, Solvej and Rune hangs out at the Harbor Park, but it is getting late and they are looking tired.



Rune knows its way past his bedtime, so he heads home. Patrik and Solvej wants some romantic time for themselves under the stars...

Youtube video of Solvej and Patrik.





Anyway, february has now ended, and its time to leave them for now as we wait for march to come knocking.. 

Previous | Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 12.7: December 2023 – part II: Christmas Spirits../Naughty Christmas...

It would appear that everyones (almost) dream of a white christmas would get fulfilled this year, as in the days leading up to Christmas it...