Friday, May 19, 2023

Chapter 2.9 - August 2021 - Some things always gets lost when you move.

Gaute starts his morning on the first day of the month by flexing his muscles by the window, still proud of having found this great new home for his family.

For Gaute summer vacation is over and it's back to work, and.. wait... what happened to your work uniform? 

    „I must have lost it in all the rush when we were moving... This is ridiculous... I don't want to wear this!“

His face clearly reveals what he is thinking here.. but don't worry, I can fix that for you!

Better? 

    „Oh yes, much better, now I can get to work without looking like a fool!“

 „My stomach is growing! I think I just felt something moving in there!“ says Leya. „I got a new purple nightwear for the occasion! It's my favorite colour!“ Leya doesn't go to work, she is on leave because she is pregnant. Bodil still has a little bit of summer vacation left before its back to school.

Leya: What do you think of our new home so far, Bodil? I think we need to go out shopping.... I would like to get some new wall coatings for a start...

Leya: Woohoo, Bodil! Let's go shopping!!

It doesn't take much to get Leya excited...

Bodil: You go shopping, mom. I want nachos.

 When Leya chooses new wall coatings, this is the result. Dining room in center, kitchen to the right and living room to the left.

„I want to ask mom to buy a baker's station.“

Bodil: Can I get a bakers station mom? Please, please! I want to go to the park and sell cupcakes and lemonade!

 Leya: Oh.. sure, I can get you one. But if you're going to the park, I'm going with you. I don't want you to go there alone.

Bodil: I don't need mommy to go to the park and sell cupcakes. It's just next door!

And of course it would start to hail shortly after she set up shop.. oh, why is this summer weather always so unstable?

Kabelo Gundersen: Ow! Ow! I'm sorry Bodil, your cupcakes look delicious but I think I'm gonna head home and find some shelter...

Bodil: Stupid hail and crying kids.. this wasn't any fun..

Bodil: Hi, Gaute! 

Gaute came home from work just when Bodil came back from the park. He was already tired because he didn't get much sleep the night before so he went straight to bed.

Bodil: I must have lost my crown when we moved somehow.. but I am still the mightiest Queen in all of the Universe and you shall listen to my commands! That means you in the back there, too!

 Gaute had bought a new tv set to replace the old broken one and to match the chairs and couches in the living room (apart from the blue one there, I don't know why it's different from all the others. :P) and placed it in a more sensible location.

And as August soon ends, how is Solvej and Patrik doing? I will not switch to their household, but I will try to locate them every now and then just to see if they are doing alright.

Oh, they've been out enjoying the life on the town it seems. Here they are on the dancefloor at „The Elegant Flame“ together with Kabelo Gundersen.

„The Elegant Flame“ is a disco and is located right next to the Sprottenham Fire Station on Rathaus Street.

Previous  | Next


 


 

 


 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chapter 12.7: December 2023 – part II: Christmas Spirits../Naughty Christmas...

It would appear that everyones (almost) dream of a white christmas would get fulfilled this year, as in the days leading up to Christmas it...